The outcome of the chemical plant reactor systems upgrade in South Texas included the following:
- Continuing operations at the facility: Through clear communication with the client, H+M ensured that the construction schedule did not interfere with the ongoing operations at the facility.
- Construction in the first project area: The first project area was partially demolished to construct:
- ~A new foundation and pier work,
- ~A new structure to support cable tray and piping, and
- ~A new mezzanine to support process equipment.
New piping was installed for the new production area, including tie-ins to existing lines. The jacketed pipe was designed with special considerations to be electro-polished and inspected by the client before installation.
- Construction in the second project area: The installation of the new tank farm in the second project area required site preparation. Tie-ins were made with piping runs throughout the unit to supply existing raw materials and utilities. The materials were supplied to the existing reactors several stories high in the reactor structure that required careful consideration for pipe routing and support. After construction was complete, our team supported the PSSRs.