The objective of the EPC Training (Engineering, Procurement, Construction) Program is to provide the necessary tools, resources, and experiences to young professionals to develop an appropriate skill set and self-confidence to become the future leaders of the Company.
Bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
The program will target Engineering graduates, who have proven high aptitudes and a desire to increase their knowledge in the EPC Industry. The strategy of the program will be through a core group of rotations through the major company business units to gain broad exposure to all aspects of the industry over the first two years of each participant’s career. This will allow the participants to determine which areas pique their interest and will give the Company a broad evaluation of the strengths and weaknesses of each participant to tailor the program to fit. The primary rotations that all participants shall take part in and the target durations for each are as follows, the durations will be adjusted to meet the specific needs of the Company:
- Field Engineering/Construction
- Engineering Department
- Project Estimating
- Project Controls
- Fabrication Shop
- QA/QC Coordination
- Business Development
SHORT TERM PROGRAM GOALS FOR EPC TRAINING PROGRAM
- Take individual responsibility for personal and professional development.
- Actively engage experienced members of the Company to expand knowledge base.
- Apply problem solving skills developed during education to resolve issues and recommend changes.
- Learn to interpret engineering drawings in all disciplines.
- Gain an understanding of field supervision’s responsibility towards Quality Control and HSE.
- Gain an understanding of resource and schedule requirements to complete different types of work.
LONG TERM PROGRAM GOALS FOR EPC TRAINING PROGRAM
- Gain an understanding of the core competencies of each rotation while gaining broad exposure towards EPC Management.
- Learn Company processes and procedures currently in place and help identify short falls.
- Master prioritization and resource allocation at a project and organization level.
- Gain an understanding of proper Client relations.
- Gain an understanding of how to effectively get craft employees engaged in HSE and safe work practices.
- Build the trust and respect within all levels of the Company.
- Identify desired career path, and establish a plan to stay on track.
- Be prepared to mentor others in the EPC Training Program to promote Company growth.