- Process analysis, alternatives analysis and preliminary economics analysis.
- Creatively applies methods to the definition, design and setup of new, complex and difficult investigations.
- Process engineering tools and modeling software, such as Aspen. Interpret data to generate solutions.
- Has demonstrated a high level of theoretical and practical engineering understanding and track record of successfully solving problems and meeting deadlines. Solutions and projects are expected to work reliably.
- Well versed in the laws and rules governing the design and implementation of solutions regarding chemical processes, including but not limited to federal laws regarding environmental compliance issues, process hazards techniques, engineering standards, OSHA requirements, PSM, etc.
- Independently identifies bottlenecks and opportunities within the process.
- Effectively organize and plan work.
- Works with little supervision and sets own priorities for the process.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- Five (5) years of in-depth experience in chemical processes, engineering design and operations found in the petrochemical industries.
- Experience with Hazard and Operability Studies
- Experience with Environmental compliance and reporting.
- Knowledgeable in the use of Process Simulation (HYSYS, Aspen & Pro-II)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of establishing respect and credibility through actions, communications, understanding and personal presence.
- Ability to work with others to achieve job goals
- Occasionally lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Sit for long periods of time
- Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch
- Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects
Environment: Most work time is spent in an office environment.
Primary Location: Based in Houston, TX with majority of time spent in King of Prussia, PA
Work Schedule: Normal work period is Monday – Friday dayshift